The lawn mower is the most necessary tool to keep your lawn in shape. Unless you're planning on keeping sheep to do your lawn mowing, you'll need to buy a lawn mower. Lawn mowers come in all shapes, sizes, and prices. There are really only two kinds of mowers for lawn mowing though, that is reel and rotary.
Before you go out on your lawn mowing tool buying trip, make sure you know exactly what you need. No need to overspend if you don't need it . Save that money for other lawn tools. What you need to ask yourself are these questions to help determine what lawn mower you need.
- Is your lawn small or very large?
- Is your lawn flat, hilly or steep?
- Is your lawn wide open or covered in trees, garden, sprinklers, play equipment?
- Do you want a workout when mowing or just get the job done?
- What is your noise tolerance?
- Do you want a simple mower or one with the latest gadgets?
The next questions on your lawn mowing buying expedition are about the mower itself.
- Does the lawn mower have a blade shut off switch? This is a must have safety feature.
- Can the lawn mowing height be raised and lowered easily?
- Is it easy to start?
- Is it easy to push?
- Does it turn easy?
- Is it too heavy or too light?
- Can it be serviced locally?
- Is the lawn mower bag a hassle to use?
- Is it easy to clean?
- Is it easy to take apart to make minor repairs?
To meet your lawn mowing needs there are several different types of mowers on the market. Each has its advantages and disadvantages.
- The reel mower is a push power powered by you. It is ideal for lawns of 1,000 square feet or less. It is the least expensive and quietest mower. The number of calories burned using this mower is 400 calories an hour based on a 150-pound person.
- The electric lawn mower is pollution free and environment-friendly. You do have to deal with a long cord plugged into the house or recharging batteries.
- The gas powered lawn mower has plenty of power for a reasonable price. This mower is an idea for normal lawn mowing needs such as a normal sized lawn with no challenges. You will have to deal with gas fumes, changing the oil, loud noise.
- The self-propelled lawn mower can be gas or electric. It is ideal for corners, tight spots and hills as the pulleys and gears connect the engine right to the wheels. It is more expensive than a normal gas powered lawn mower.
- The mulching mower traps the cut grass and recuts it into much smaller pieces before dropping them back to the lawn. You won't need much fertilizer or a bag with this mower. Mulchers cost almost twice as much as normal gas mowers and will choke on long grass.
- The riding lawn mower is perfect for your large lawn mowing needs. You can mow an acre or more in no time. They require much more maintenance and are much more expensive than a regular gas mower
To learn more about lawn care company visit ghlandscaping.com